Sunday, March 2, 2008

I have discovered a new book from Oprah's Book Club "A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose". So far, I have read to Chapter 3 and and am totally amazed with Eckhart Tolle's writing of this book. I have joined the Oprah Webcast classroom and am so excited to start tomorrow night, March 3rd at 9 pm. What a exciting thing to be happening around the world! The book is very similar to the book "A Course in Miracles" which I have been studying for over 5 years. I even have a class for ACIM at my house on Thursday nights. And we are talking about having a book review on "A New Earth" on Thursday nights also. Alls I can say is, the ACIM has changed my life so much for the better. And now this new book by Eckhart Tolle has simpified the Course to help understand more about the ego and how it works. Its amazing how I have learned from both books that its our minds that cause the problems in our lives and the world. We have a choice to choose to be in fear or love. Our ego's are the fear thoughts. We all have grown up with beliefs that we thought were right. And when things do not go our way according to our thoughts, we believe that it is a problem. ACIM and A New Earth changes our thoughts to see who we really are. Not what we perceived about ourselves and others. It is opening my eyes to see that I am a spiritual being. That my body, my car, my house is not who I really am. But the spirit is and always has been and always will be who I Am. And it also has opened my eyes to see who other people are. To see the good in them as that loving spirit that they are. So all I can say is, I am very grateful for these books and people that have put there time into helping others see the Truth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

wow! I didn't know I worked with such a special person...lucky me!!

Jan Luoma said...

Hi Karen! - interestingly enough, I was in Border's Books this morning and saw some of Tolle's books. Then tonight I went into the Library 2.0 and decided to check out your blog to see if you had any info on it and there was your article about Tolle!

I and planning to some of his books this summer. He is very interesting and I believe in a lot of what he writes about. We'll have to discuss this!

Jan

Winter Concert 2009

Johnny Depp Calendar